Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence
• The National Domestic Violence Hotline is 24/7, confidential and free: 1-800-799-7233 and through online chat.
• The National Sexual Assault Hotline is 24/7, confidential and free: 800.656.HOPE (4673) and through online chat.
• The StrongHearts Native Helpline for domestic/sexual violence is available 7am-10pm CT, confidential, and specifically for Native communities: 1−844-762-8483
• The Deaf Hotline is available 24/7 through video phone (1-855-812-1001), email and chat for Deaf, DeafBlind, DeafDisabled survivors.
• House of Ruth is available through a 24/7 hotline to provide services to victims of intimate partner violence and emergency shelter: 410-889-7884
• To report suspected child sexual abuse in Baltimore City, call 911 or 410-361-2235.
• National Parent Helpline Monday -Friday 12pm-9am CT emotional support and advocacy for parents:1-855-2736
• Early Childhood is providing free childcare to essential workers. The application process is detailed on their website.
• Maryland Family Network is a free, referral service with detailed information on all regulated child care in Maryland. Call to receive help identifying care based on your personal preferences including program type, location, and cost: 877-261-0060
• HCAM’s Crib Program is delivering cribs and tele support in emergencies for qualifying families: 410-949-2550
• National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 and text line
• Crisis Text Line – Text “HOME” to 741741
• The Trevor Project intervention and suicide prevention services for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning (LGBTQ) young people under 25. Text Start to 678678 or Call 1-866-488-7386
• Trans Life Line for peer support for trans folks 9am-3am CT:1-877-565-8860 This hotline staffed exclusively by trans operators is the only crisis line with a policy against non-consensual active rescue.
• Headspace is an app that is offering free meditations, sleep, and movement exercises during the pandemic.
• Baltimore Crisis Response, Inc. 24/7 crisis info and referral hotline: 410-433-5175
• Maryland Poison Center 24-hour Emergency Assistance hotline: 410-706-7701
• Baltimore City’s Crisis Information and Referral Line is available 24/7: 410-433-5175
• Baltimore County’s Crisis Response provides 24-hour support, crisis intervention, and referrals to behavioral health support: 410-931-2214
• Open Counseling has a list of free and low-cost mental healthcare providers.
• Resources for Undocumented People/ Recursos Para Personas Indocumentadas Coronavirus (some CA specific info)
Youth Empowered Society (YES) is a drop-in center for homeless youth that is currently open Fridays 2-4pm for mail pickup, locker access, baby supplies, harm reduction supplies, and distribution of cloth masks.